Your Jewelry Care Guide
This care guide has all you need to know about caring for your favorite Engraved Giftsly jewelry, whether it's the ring you wear every day that's looking a little dull or that sterling silver necklace that could use some T.L.C.
Engraved Giftsly's all jewelry is designed to last for many years and they actually stay beautiful for a longer time. But it's obvious that everything has its lasting period. Nothing lasts forever. Your Jewelry protection depends on how you're caring for them on regular basis or occasionally.
Gold Plated Jewelry Care Guide:
Athick layer of gold is applied over nickel-free brass to finish your gold-plated jewelry. Even while it should not wear down or rub off over time, your jewelry would appreciate you if you took care of it! If you wear gold-plated rings, remove them before undertaking any hard or abrasive activity to avoid scraping the gold layer of the ring (the same goes for your earrings or bracelets!). Gold-plated pieces that are well-cared for will not tarnish over time, and you will be able to enjoy wearing them for years to come, possibly even passing them down in your family!
Sterling Jewelry Care Guide:
Sterling silver can tarnish naturally as a result of exposure to air and water. To prevent tarnishing, I recommend storing your jewelry in a box or ziplock bag when not in use. Keep it in a dry place and away from moist or humid areas, such as your bathroom! Use the polishing cloth provided to polish your Twyla Dill jewelry, being careful not to rub over the lace. Polish until the luster is returned; your jewelry will cherish it!
Gemstone Jewelry Care Guide:
Cleaning practically all colored gemstones with warm water, a few drops of dishwashing liquid and a gentle brush will suffice. Avoid using hard or inflexible brushes. Because of the size and flexibility of the head, a toothbrush is usually a great tool. If you're going to use a toothbrush, make sure it's labeled as soft or extra-soft.
Use lukewarm water to clean crystals because it is very sensitive to heat and hot water may destroy the gemstone.
Basic Care Instructions
- When showering or bathing, take off your jewelry. This is especially crucial when swimming at the beach, in the sea, or in chlorinated water.
- When performing physical tasks such as housekeeping, gardening, or exercising, avoid wearing jewelry.
- Never use household cleaning agents on jewelry, especially bleach and highly reactive solutions.
- Spraying perfume or hairspray on diamonds or pearls jeopardizes the material's integrity.
- Remove jewelry before applying make-up or lotions to avoid getting the residue into the texture or gemstone setting.
- Any residue reduces the luster of your ring.
- Avoid high temperatures and humidity.
Turnish Prevent Tips
Simply wearing your silver jewelry will help to delay the tarnishing process. Being mindful of how you store and wear silver will also assist to slow the rate of tarnishing.
- When washing your hands, take off any silver rings or bracelets. Soap and hand gel residue can cause a dull surface.
- Silver jewelry should be stored in separate airtight containers.
- Avoid being in humid situations.
Caring Tips For Your Fashion Jewelry
- Keep your fashion jewelry dry and turnish free
- Avoid washing dishes or doing laundry wearing your jewelry
- Avoid wearing jewelry during pool time or at the spa
- Avoid using a harsh cleaner
- Don't put on lotion or perfume with your jewelry on
- Avoid air, If possible keep it on a ziplock bag or store those inside a wooden box
We hope this care guide helps you feel confident in caring for your jewelry, if you have any other questions, feel free to share with us!